View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 03:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

Loud obnoxious voices and wailing children are awful for me. There is a therapist at my PT office that I want to clobber, he is always insanely loud and reminds of the prepubescent (sp?) boys in jr. high and high school that were always yelling back and forth to each other in the hallways to get everyone's attention. But the absolute worst are cars in the city honking their horns when they are right next to you as you are walking down the street! Talk about head spasms! This year for the first time I also discovered that I had trouble with refs' whistles during football and basketball games when they were on TV in our house (all too often!!!!). The sound goes right through my brain and really kills my head. I learned to just retreat to my room with a good book or my laptop because all I did was nag everyone else to turn the TV down and it wasn't fair.

For some reason I still enjoy listening to my Ipod at work when it gets a little noisy in there and I need to concentrate. I don't blast it as high as I used to, though.

I drive a Honda Civic and it's smooth enough for me, I am always comfortable. I'm only 5'3". My husband's SUV is OK if I'm driving, but not good if he drives - just too bumpy and swervy. Plus I have to put the seatbelt under my arm since it hurts too much to wear it over my shoulder.

It's interesting to talk about all this stuff with you guys, I love discovering how much we all have in common. I may be one of the only RSDer's in RI, but at least when I come here I am no longer alone...

Happy Sunday, Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote