View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

LOL yes they have so many furbabies, bless their hearts.

Well, my visit was very revealing and they are not going to adopt poor Mia. The house they live in is 3 stories. A kitchen and gigantic living room downstairs, which they use when they have guests.

But they primarily live on the 2nd and 3rd floors. 2nd is their real living space, family room den and such, and the bedrooms are on the 3rd floor. I took one looke at the hundreds of stairs and shuddered at the thought of a doxie running up and down those. They have 2 mini poodles who were having a ball racing up and down the stairs.

So, I told them it would be best if they gated off the stairs and then carried Mia up and down them. There was a flight of stairs, a landing, and then another flight up to the 2nd floor, same going up to the 3rd.

When I told them how careful you have to be with dachsunds they freaked and said that wouldn't do, that they couldn't gate the stairs. So they are going to look at different dogs, not dachsunds.

I felt bad I talked them out of it, but Jenny at HUA assured me that was what I was for...to notice these kinds of things during house visits. But at least they are going to look for another.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (02-23-2009), GmaSue (02-24-2009)