View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 05:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Judith/

I was reading about your dental implants.

I hope the healing is progressing well.

I had all my teeth out when I was 17. After 44 years with dentures my gums had shrunk so much they wouldnt hold in dentures.

So, I had 2 metal implants put in and my dentures clip onto these.

I find it strange/scary/invasive at times to have foreign material (a hunk of steel) embedded into my gums, but it certaibnly does the job and does hold my denture in place. I can eat better now.

My point is, modern technology can offer some wonderful resolutions to our problems, so I think we are indeed fortunate

All the best
Amii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Judith,

Thanks for the kind words...... I do try very hard to be informative and I know I don't always share the best of news......:-(( But I believe everyone has the right to be informed as much as possible.

Would you mind sharing a little bit more information? It may help me understand your situation a little better.

1) Why were the teeth removed? Had they been root canaled previously or had any of them had apicoectomy surgery? Were they abcessed? Do you have periodontal disease?

2) Were the implants placed immediately at the time of the extractions? If not, did you wear a partial denture or have a temporary bridge during the healing phase from the extractions?

3) If the implants were not immediate, was the bone graft material placed at the time of the extractions or at the time of the implant placement?

4) What are you wearing in that space now?

5) Your quote: <<Over one tooth the gums are not closed over yet so I hope they will grow together in time >> Do you mean the one "implant" is exposed through the gum tissue??

Laser therapy can be very successful in many circumstances, as you well know from your leg wound. However, I am curious as to what the dentist used the laser on if the gum tissue is not closed over the "implant".

If you wouldn't mind sharing a bit more with us, I may be able to offer you some insight as to what that salty taste is.... ~'.'~

Bryanna

3)
Amii is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote