View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 08:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to have very high antibody levels and zero MG symptoms. You seem to have a fair number of MG type symptoms, so the test is very likely accurate. I must say,though, you have quite a few symptoms that don't sound like MG, with labs to back those up, so it looks like a dual diagnosis is a strong possibilty. I know of more than one person with MG and lupus, and know of several others who have MG along with one or more other autoimmune diseases.

However, you are in luck. Dr Richard Barohn at KU is EXCELLENT. Probably one of the top 10 (if not top 5) MG docs in the nation. He diagnosed me 10 years ago before moving to Kansas. You may have to wait a bit to get into him, but believe me, he's worth it.

Yes, you are describing some respiratory symptoms of MG. I will wake up choking on saliva at times.

I don't think MG and MAO inhibitors are as much of an issue until you begin to take meds for the MG. Then there *may* be a problem, but that's why you need a good, knowledgeable doctor working for you.

Good luck,

Missy

Last edited by MissyGirl; 02-23-2009 at 10:21 AM.
MissyGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote