View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 07:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello everyone!! I've missed you all sooo much.

I want to remind everyone that this is only a TEMPORARY BT Forum. John Lester, the moderator for the old braintalk, has nothing to do with this site. He is still working on the other one. So, please, recheck the old site on occassion for when it is back up. Everyone might not find their way to this site. I was urged by some people not to post here, but I miss you all soooo much!!

Glad to hear all the wonderful updates, isn't it amazing how much stuff happens in a few weeks!!

Here's a quick run down of Adam's big news:

1. Adam turned 5 years old on July 18th, he had a nice birthday and of course he enjoyed the cake and ice cream.

2. Adam had a check up with our regular dr. for school, we hadn't seen him in awhile since the kids remain so healthy (knock on wood). He said Adam looked great and was the healthies BI child he'd ever seen. He's gained 5.5 pounds since March!! WOW, he's now up to 36.5 pounds. Could it be those Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks, he gets one a day and loves them.

3. Adam started school last week!! So far, so good. He seems to really be enjoying himself and getting lots of attention. He's going only for the morning, it's wearing him out too! This is Adam's first school experience. He is in the reg. ed room for 15 minutes and then gets pulled for one on one with the sp. ed teacher and he gets OT, PT, ST and Vision 2 x a week for 30 minutes!! We are still ABRing at home, 3 hours a day.

4. We are headed to Chicago this weekend for another ABR therapy training session...it will be nice to get away, even if it is a therapy trip. Dwayne is going to a White Sox game with another dad and I am taking Emma to American Girl in downtown Chicago for lunch - it should be fun!!

5. The last weekend of Sept. we are going to Disney World for Adam's wish trip through the Sunshine Foundation. We are looking forward to a pleasure trip and Adam LOVES Disney.

Well, that's about it here...looking forward to hearing from everyone else.

Don't forget to check back for the old forums.

Jennifer

glad2beadam's mom! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote