View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi NAM,

Yes, perhaps it would be wise to see Dr T. He can only understand your situation when he sees it. I should have mentioned this to you before, but previous radiographs could be very helpful if you have them or can get them before you see Dr T because it will tell the history of treatment very clearly. Even radiographs from when all of this originally started would be good. It is important for the radiographs to be of excellent quality or they will be useless. It is not uncommon for a dental office to copy radiographs that end up in very poor quality which render the copies completely useless. Some offices use a 2 film packet instead of a 1 film packet when taking xrays which means that both films are of the same quality, this is the only time when it's ok to accept "duplicate" films. Some offices only take digital xrays. This can be a problem when duplicating them because the copies generally come out undignostic unless a quality printer and paper are used to duplicate them. Digital xrays can be emailed directly to another dental office which saves the quality of the xrays. I know more to think about!!! :-(( Dr T may also suggest new radiographs...... I would not be resistant to this in the least.

With regard to DDS participating in insurance plans or not.....
I've been in dentistry for 30+ years which means I started out when there was no dental insurance and patients paid in full. My experience has without a doubt shown me that..... dentists who belong to HMO insurance plans or restricted fee schedule insurance plans, definitely skimp on their materials and sterilization practices. They get paid per quantity of dentistry, not quality. They are restricted in some circumstances to abide by the insurance companies on what they can and cannot do. If they go outside of the what the insurance has deemed their boundary of care, they either have to submit ficticious claims or risk a financial penalty. They also use inferior quality materials and dental labs because they are not being compensated well enough to make a profit on their work if they used a higher quality. The public would be flabbergasted at how the insurance run dental practices perform their dental care and the lack of sterility is beyond comprehension. But that's a whole other topic!!

Please let us know what Dr T has to say..........

Bryanna

Thanks SO MUCH for caring.
I have talked by phone /w a 7th DDS, and of course that is a 7th DIFFERENT opinion. He is app the "fmr director for LV Institute of Advanced Dental Studies" and therefore well qualified; but who knows?
He feels POSSIBLY the crown on #9 could be reduced to balance the gum line. Of course he would have to see it first.
Dr "T" was aghast that:
1. PFM crowns were used in anterior crowns. Says they are incompatible esp w/diabetic's tissue + w/cause irritation.
2. Electrosurge was used instead of lasers. He says electrosurge allows the tissue to move (and it did move).

AT LEAST HE WAS WILLING TO TALK TO ME!! I felt the need to ask up front if this type of dentistry is w/in his realm of comfort; and he actually took the time, called me back and TALKED to me like a human being!

Dr H was extremely reluctant; and left most initial explanations to her receptionist and later issues to her (now fmr) tech. Anything Dr H explained was w/extreme irritation.

***=My Responses Below...[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote