View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Do you travel well?

When I was young, I could toss a few things in a bag and be off like a gypsy at a whim.

Now it's just not like that. I'd love to go see things, do things, visit people. but the thought of bouncing around in a car for hours on end makes me cringe. Might as well stuff me in the dryer or roll me down a rocky hill.

Winter stinks for me anyway. Danggit it hurts, and me with nothing for pain. I'd rather crawl in a hole and hide then have anybody see me first thing in the morning.

Dh wants to take a trip to Florida - I have people there, and he could use a break. He's laid off, and that's about the only way he'll get any time to do something like this. I get that. Money is tight, but he even managed to put a few bucks aside to do this.

That's okay too. I can be extra frugal so he can have his trip, if that's what he wants.

I'd like to go, love to see my family there. But even after all these years I just don't think he gets why I hesitate.

I'm trying to explain why half (or more like 90%) of my brain is saying NO to going anywhere.

I would like to know where, exactly, are we going? Where are we staying? I want to stop when I need to stop, and rest as long as I need to. I don't want to drive clear across country just to sit for 2 days and drive all the way home, whining all the way I need to get out of the car, and now.

Just once, it would be fun if we went somewhere and I saw something I wanted to check out, and we actually stopped instead of zipping right by.

That's our trips - driving right past everything. Notice I don't use the word *vacation*.

How do the rest of you handle this? Do you get your travelling companions to cooperate?

I read about your travels and it always sounds like you're having fun.
AZjanie (02-23-2009), azoyizes (02-28-2009), Dejibo (02-23-2009), DM (02-24-2009), ewizabeth (02-23-2009), Ivy2 (02-23-2009), SallyC (02-23-2009), Twinkletoes (02-23-2009)