View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 11:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I do not travel well at all by car!

Long car trips are a nightmare for me as I worry are the restrooms close enough so I don't have to "wait".

I remember years ago on a jaunt from Iowa to Ohio in the Winter and many of the rest stops were closed!

I was in a panic and had him pull off the interstate so I could "go"!!

Ther was no place to hide and cars were zooming by and honking and I was just mortified!!

That was my LAST long car trip!!

We decided to try a bus trip and that has just been perfect for us. The tour bus is about an hour from us and there are two clean restrooms on the way "just in case".

All the arrangements are made, we have rest stops every two hours plus there is a restroom on the bus.

Most and on some trips all our meals are paid for and we stay at the nicest hotels which we would never be able to afford on our own.

Since the tours are meant for Seniors (no kids allowed ) there is not a lot walking and we never handle luggage at all.

We sit back on the bus and read or enjoy music or movies and have a great time. Our next trip is a three day to Death Valley next month.

Brain damaged and I have MRI's to prove it!!
AZjanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (02-27-2009), Dejibo (02-23-2009), SallyC (02-23-2009), Twinkletoes (02-23-2009), TwoKidsTwoCats (02-24-2009)