View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 11:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

thanks for this info.

i believe that if it really happens that a friend or a family member is sick or injured somewhere on the planet, it is from a well identified police officer or health care professional (name, organization name & place, telephone number) that the call will come from... and they will give you the name of your friend who's in trouble, and will tell you where they are...

i,m a little paranoid... have call display... i never answer the phone if i don't know the caller and i never return calls that are suspicious (especially the ones that sound like automated messages) and i never return a long distance call if i have to pay for the call, unless there is a very well justified and well identified reason for it...

i had my phone company block '900' calls (because i had a room-mate for a few months, a few years ago) and before returning '8**' calls, i always check with my phone company to make sure they are official free calls

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phreaking
Quote:
Phreaking is a slang term coined to describe the activity of a subculture of people who study, experiment with, or explore telecommunication systems, like equipment and systems connected to public telephone networks. As telephone networks have become computerized, Phreaking has become closely linked with computer hacking.[1] This is sometimes called the H/P culture (with H standing for Hacking and P standing for Phreaking).

The term "phreak" is a portmanteau of the words "phone" and "freak", and may also refer to the use of various audio frequencies to manipulate a phone system. "Phreak", "phreaker", or "phone phreak" are names used for and by individuals who participate in phreaking.
Canadensis

Monday, Feb. 9: FULL MOON - Tuesday, Feb. 24: New Moon - Tuesday, March 10: FULL MOON

DAILY CHALLENGES: MOBILITY ISSUES, EDS, DISCAL HERNIAS, SCOLIOSIS, SCIATICA, SPONDYLOLISTHESIS, OSTEOARTHRITIS, CHRONIC PAIN, E PETIT-MAL, TBI, TINNITUS, HEADACHES, MIGRAINES, TN, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, PTSD, FM, CFS, BRONCHO-ASTHMA, MENOPAUSE, HYPOTHYROIDISM, HYPOGLYCEMIA, PREDIABETES, IBS, DAIRY & GLUTEN SENSITIVE, MULTIPLE ALLERGIES INCL. FOODS, MCS…
LavandulaCanadensis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (02-23-2009)