View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaA View Post
I thought I'd jump in here and add a few comments. There are some that have had HBOT and stated that they were total pain free. Cured, in fact. That has not been the case for me. After the protocal of 40 dives at 2.4ata, I was virtually painfree for almost 8 months! Now, to me that is amazing! With my home chamber I sometimes only do a duers of oxygen. That is about 18 dives at a time and the results are not the same. Great, but just not the same. That will not hold me for 8 months. I will have to do maintenance dives. The chamber reduces the inflammation and the swelling. The color of my limbs and the lack of swelling is so apparent to all that know me. The immune system is strenghtened. The stem cell production is increased 8 times. Collagen production is increased. Oxygen staturation promotes new microvascular growth. It has made major improvement in my life, but not a cure. There is currently more research being conducted on the antiaging effects of HBOT as well as other studies. I really don't know about the insurance aspect of treatment. I think some may have gotten their private insurance to pay for it. I unfortunately have to absorb all of the cost personally. The fact that I get such great benefit from the treatments, makes the cost just a fact of life. I hope we can get things to change with insurance companies, but I feel that may be a little ways off yet. I can only say here, that HBOT works for me as an ongoing treatment. All the best to you all. Di

Hi Diana ,

Perhaps you have posted this before but I couldn't find any info in the past postings on your oxygen chamber. Could you tell us more about your chamber, what brand is it, where you bought it and how much it cost you? I'm also interested to know what if any type of maintenance you need to do and costs associated with operating your own unit at home.

Many thanks

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote