View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default So explain a few MS things to me...

Hey all...
You know, I get more confused as I read more and more on these threads...I'd appreciate some clarity, if you all could help.
Anyway, as some of you know, I was dxd last Nov. with MS, after several years of sxs. It seemed that I would have a month of sxs, and then things would calm down. The 1st neuro said migraines were the culprit. The second consult said fibro. My latest neuro said anxiety/depression. So I stopped going to the doc, stopped noting sxs.
I had a summer full of heat reactions last year, and then last autumn, tightness, spasms and locking legs. This didn't go away, as well as bladder probls.
So neuro does MRI, said yes, subtle changes, together with new sxs spells MS. Copaxone and more meds.
But the spasms haven't dissipated unless I have IVSM, and then they only lessen for a couple of weeks. I get an IVSM every 4 wks.

So the questions:
Does a flare up last for months? Do the sxs of a flareup sometimes stay permanently?
Do some sxs dissipate and others stay when a flare lessens?
How does the neuro know if you're RR or SP? How do you know if you go into SP from RR? Not that I want to find out, just curious.

I swear, I feel more confused now then before I was dxd...I'd like to go back to just putting my ostrich head in the sand and not going to the doc...
azoyizes (02-25-2009), Dejibo (02-23-2009), ewizabeth (02-26-2009), Kitty (02-23-2009), tkrik (02-23-2009), weegot5kiz (02-23-2009)