View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You View Post
Just going to town for groceries and one or two other stops wipes me out for two days. Travel?

I'm way too complicated now, due to MS and other health issues to travel. Gone are the days. It's just not worth it. Food issues, bathroom issues, bed and pillow issues, parking issues, medication issues, heat/cold issues, multiple footwear and assistive device issues, fatigue issues...

If I try to explain how complicated it is, people's eyes glaze over.

If I say, "Sorry, I'm busy, can't go", they try to pick a different date.

If I say, "Too far for me to drive," they say "We'll pick you up." (As if it were that simple)

If I say, "I don't want to", it's not true. I really DO want to, I just can't.

I mostly just hope nobody asks me to go anywhere that could be considered "travel". If they do, I usually just say "I don't travel well anymore, I wish I could." If they persist, I put on a pained expression and say "It's really difficult for me to talk about."

I'm with ya, B2Y. For the life of me I cannot get my sister to stop asking me to go to the Outer Banks with her. Our cousins have a house there that they've offered to let us use whenever we want to. Years ago, I'd have gone in a minute. Not anymore.

I get sooooo tired of trying to explain it to her. She comes up with an answer to everyone of my excuses. She'll drive (it doesn't matter who drives....I'm still gonna get exhausted); I can stay inside in the AC (then why go???).

I hate to be a party pooper but I'm just more comfortable at home.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (02-27-2009), SallyC (02-23-2009)