View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 03:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransa View Post
Hello People, I was the pedestrian victim of a hit-and-run incident which caused sub-arachnoid and sub-dural hemotomas detected by CT scans taken while my GCS was 3 for more than 24 hours. That was more than a year ago. To date, I experience balance and proprioception issues. The biggest problem is when I stand with my eyes closed I tremble and shake increasingly more violently untill I fall. (I'm hoping teenagers don't invent a new dance named after me...) I have been told I should not drive, and am not employable at this time ( except as a "medical specimen"...no future there ) Has anyone here any experience with this? I understand each case is different, I would like to know how long someone else has had to endure something like this. Any knowledge or experience to share is appreciated. Thank you.
Welcome ransa,

Hugs to you . I don't have any personal experience with those effects, myself. That does not limit my sympathy for you though !

I had a subdural hematoma caused by my head hitting the ice by a fall 3/07. I was watched closely by neurosurgery, but thankfully did not require a stint afterall. The fall on the ice intensified the side effects of my brain surgery 3/06, and brought seizures back. My experience has been a little dramatic (imo), and has touched every part of my life. That has been the hardest part for me to accept. Acceptance has been a huge struggle for me !

I therefore do have a slight understanding of your position. Wish you the very best

Shez
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vini (02-24-2009)