Thread: Attn: Vicc
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 12:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Interesting thread

Roz- I think getting a life changing illness is enough to give you PTSD.
It can be one event - a culmination of things- but that one event is enough.
It HAS changed everything!
I think all of us could benefit from counselling of one kind or another .

As I am an alternative junkie - I went o see some alternative counselours .
Some who believe that pain is encoded at the celluar level, and through certain exercises/treatment one can actually erase those events which cause emotional pain(which in turn can cause and or /add to physical pain) from true physical pain- ergo you are left with just the physical.

I can say it was truly a fascinating experience-intense heat(not the RSD kind ) when emotional pain left my physical being .

There is another "traditional" therapy geared specifically towards PTSD. It is called MDR....I believe - not 100% sure.
It is not one of the ones mentioned above.It does have a much higher success rate as I know many people who have used it as their primary therapy tool with much success.Many therapists are trained in this technique accross the country.
I think in one way you can look at any trauma which causes you seek therapy as PTSD.It is all a matter of degree.
We all have them - Ozzie and Harriet home life exists only in TV land.

There are also counselours trained specifically for patients with Pain Issues.
If you have a good Pain Management doctor they should probably insist that you see one and would know the name of a good pain psychologist.
Again , this has changed everything!

Vicc - you keep saying you want to start your writings .
If I may be so bold to say that your contribution lately to this webpage has been nothing short of brave in content , and articulate and consistent in quality and quantity of writing.
Your thoughts are clear and well formed and you have responded to new people's questions on RSD with informed writings.
I'd say your writing is taking form and is more than a beginning
You are just about there , my friend!!!!
Hope is alive !
Maybe it is hard to see from that side- but you are well on your way.

Having said that, a little gear shift here - I am with Michael.

There is a clear distinction IMHO between euthanasia and suicide.

I am a firm believer in the first and I have no say in the second.Not my call.

All of us here cannot predict our futures and /or anothers tolerance to pain ,or anything for that matter.
As with anything what works for one may not work for another.

I try to live my life by never walking a mile in another's shoes' .It is NOT going to happen.

New medical technologies have allowed people to live way past their expiration dates without any dignity and ...hope.

I would suggest a living will for everyone so that their thoughts on the matter are well known- whichever side of the coin their views may fall.

I have no intentions of doing anything of the sort right now -
However If I feel like this at my age give me a call in 30 years .
I have no idea where my "I've had enough"threshold may lie- how many more surgeries /injuries /meds etc I want to put me-mind/body and soul through before I have had enough .
I may just head to Oregon and have a talk with Compassionate Club.

It is my call.

On that note

Happy Holidays
I wish all much peace

Hope is very much alive

(Mike - no buddhist philosophical discussion on that one OK )

GnP
Goodn'Plenty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote