Thread: More Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Becky, I read your other post but decided to reply here.

I love how doctors doubt diagnoses. Did you feel your original diagnosis was accurate and thorough? Do you have all the paperwork? Did they ever run the MuSK antibody test for you?

I agree with Missy that that dosing is strange. What's even stranger is how they could put you through a rediagnosis while on drugs that can make the antibody tests and EMG's appear normal! Prednisone can make the antibodies disappear, which is its job! And it can make an EMG go negative.

If I were you, I guess I'd want to see another expert just to make sure I had a good treatment plan in place, especially for when you get worse.

Everyone reacts to Pred differently. It can make you worse in the short term. Some people get better on it right away, however. That's why such a short term dose is not usually given! And a good neuro will try to dose every other day in an attempt to keep your adrenal glands working. When you are on Pred long-term, every day, the adrenals shut down. I mean, why would they need to work since you have Pred doing their job for them! And if he didn't explain the long-term effects like Pred-induced diabetes and reduction in bone density, then you need to have that conversation as well!

I hope you can get a neuro to take you seriously and get you treatment you need that makes sense.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote