View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 12:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHorst99 View Post
I've been experiencing progressive PN for a bit over a year now. Initially, it was toes/feet/legs, but now its showing up in my hands and fingers.

I was wondering if others, who have been dealing with this longer, have ended up with their hands as bad as their feet. I've learned to live with and frequently ignore my feet situation, but can't quite imagine how do that with equivalent problems in my hands. We all use our hands every day for many things -- including typing this note.

What's been your experience? Do hands end up as bad as your feet?
My SFN started in my feet a couple years ago with tingling and sharp glass pain when geting out of bed in the morning. My hands started maybe a year later, I think, with the electrical burning. By then my feet were in similar pain. Then, a few months ago, it started to move from my feet up the legs and from my hands up my arms. In he last 4-5 months, it rapidly spread to the rest of my body exterior. I can't explain the rapid onset and how it so quickly moved from the feet and hands. Back to your question, I guess I would say my feet hurt worse than my hands. I am on considerable doses of Nuerontin and Methadone, so it does limit my pain to some degree, though my tolerance is gaining and they are not as effective as when I started. Since I am not working now, I use my hands much less, which may contribute to them hurting less than my feet.
jsrail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote