View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 02:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am like Becky, a little older than some folks here, and I have a MS dx since 1981.

Also what PE said about Freud is so true. Sometimes it is just something else and you can't always blame everything on MS. If you do, you will never get treatment for any other ailment or disorder you might get, even a flu bug.

I used to wake up every morning and check myself out to see what I had to deal with that day. Anything numb, painful, balance changes, etc. It could make a person nutty doing that. I finally gave up the morning check up and just got on with my day. It's easier and more calming.

If something worsens with your vision, mobility, pain or is new to your normal baseline symptoms, then go get it checked out by your doctor. It will give you peace of mind. Vision and mobility changes are a must to see your Neuro about.

If you feel different, first check out your medicines. They give side effects too. Even OTC drugs. If you still feel something is wrong with your memory, call your Neuro. Also like some, 57 or younger is too young to have memory/age problems.

You could get cognitive testing if you are really worried about it. Being bored, not active, or fatigued, causes memory issues too. I hope you can relax those feelings of obsession and give them up.

When in doubt, check it out. JMO

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.

Last edited by Lady; 02-24-2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: a morning thought
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (04-15-2009), Jappy (02-24-2009), Natalie8 (02-24-2009), SallyC (02-24-2009), weegot5kiz (02-24-2009)