View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes......really everyone......keep these ideas coming!! This is GREAT information to have!!

Karen, I wear my hubby's old white t-shirts too......they're HUGE on me and have been washed a million times so they're soft and they breathe better when I sweat (and so easy to change in the middle of the night if I wake up drenched). Ali, I wear pj's almost ALL the time now.....big, loose, soft flannel......but I've only had RSD since it's been cold......I am DREADING this summer! I always wore capri pants with sandals......now my feet are ghastly red, purple and blue. I don't know WHAT I'm going to do???

Also, I use down pillows and change my pillowcases often (perhaps 2-3 times a week since I'm on them so much) to feel "cleaner" when I'm sweaty or in pain. I am sensitive to odors and fragrances too, so I get nauseous of they don't smell good to me (or if the detergent has TOO much fragrance). I only have ONE set of sheets that is currently soft enough, so I'm in the market for another set.....I will have to be careful to get the "right" blend and thread count. I have bad luck with them "pilling" which feels like GLASS in the bed to me, as do crumbs. That was a great idea about the mens white Hanes socks. I'll look for those. Do they have seams on the toes that bother you??? That is my problem with most of my socks......my TOES hurt so much and the seam feels awful on them. Shoes are another huge problem for me. Even my nice "walking" shoes hurt my feet and cause spasms and jabbing pains. I haven't quite brought myself to wear slippers out of the house yet!!

Anyway......lets keep this thread going!! This could be so helpful to all of us who have RSD as well as for those who love us (and want some great gift ideas of what to get for us!!!).

Thanks again for replying!!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (11-05-2014), dd in pain (08-08-2011), DejaVu (09-09-2015), Dubious (02-24-2009), everydaypain2006 (01-22-2010), frequentfaller (07-07-2014), full_moons_of_hope (07-06-2019), k2kfla (10-13-2012), MzMadz33 (02-26-2014), ShaggyChic_1201 (01-10-2020), vintagewine (05-29-2015)