View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 12:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Summertime,
I completely understand how you're feeling. I think it is completely NORMAL to have such a wide swing of emotions. It is all part of the grieving process. I suffer from migraines as well (with the nausea) and know how debilitating that alone can be on TOP of your other pain. I am so deeply sorry you're going through this.

I am very sensitive to changes in my own meds, and recently allowed a drastic change of two in one day that has actually helped me a LOT so far. I was put on Cymbalta and Elavil. The Cymbalta doesn't leave me drowsy like the Lyrica did and the Elavil helps me sleep which just helps everything feel a little better. I had to really get desperate to be willing to change so much all at once, but am glad I did and am really not having any bad effects from either.

I also take Inderol for migraine prevention (which has knocked them down to 1 or 2 a month instead of several a week) and then Maxalt when one does come on (and phenergan for the nausea). I may try to switch over to Topomax eventually because I've heard that helps with RSD as well as for migraine prevention.

My suggestion would be to start keeping a daily log or journal of how you're feeling and what else may be going on. Eventually, you may find a pattern in what increases your pain levels or what brings on a migraine and then you could start to tackle those individual triggers while you're waiting on finding the right med combination. It also might help you feel a little more "in control of" your body....which I have found is a big stressor since my diagnosis......feeling like my body is doing random things that it shouldn't be doing and I can't stop it and have no control over it.

It is SO good that you have a wonderful, supportive family as well to help you and you can ALWAYS write us......you KNOW we understand how you feel.

Please feel free to PM me any time. I will always be happy to listen to you vent and am new in my diagnosis as well. It IS a lot to deal with and a lot to absorb. I hope this post finds you feeling better today. Do something special for yourself. Whatever you love the most!! Just give yourself a little treat and enjoy it!! Hope to talk to you soon!!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote