View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

lara...the HUGEST loving (((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

blood does not make family. family lies hurt people deeply. finding out the lies is not always what is best. neither is finding out the truth when yu can't go back and change the past.

some know why i post on sos. but a situation kinda like yurs is what brings me here.

my fathers mother tried to commit suicide when he was very young. he and 2 siblings were taken in by different relatives. different sides of the families. my father was neglected and passed around. treated worse than a dog.

my father being the oldest remebers his mother. remembers the night she was taken away. remembers the horros of visitng her in the place they lockedher up ( in the 30's ) after they fried her brain with shock treatments. he never saw her again. she never remembered she had children. she lived the rest of her life in a home.

my fathers brother was a baby. he was told his whole life his mother had died. he found out the truth as an adult. it scarred him for life. he moved away. not to contact his family again for ever 25 years. my father has since seen him only a couple of times.

you do not have to contact this person lara. you have no obligation to. ifyour x wants and is willing to keep the contact information for you. then great. if you ever want to find them, then it is up to you. if they have medical or health information that you might need, then maybe he could get that for you. or somebody that can act as a middleman.

we are here for you lara. go with your gut feelings. your safety and well being are the most important thing here.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote