View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Yes, her legs seem to be fine and everything pretty much stops at the hips (numbness, burning, etc.). That's why MS doesn't seem to fit as well . . . The numbness is constant in most places, as is the skin sensitivity. Sometimes it goes to additional places, but it has been constant in most.

She hadn't really mentioned pain so much; mostly just the numbness and burning skin, except in her neck. Last night she mentioned about a weird sensation at the corner of her eye (I really can't remember if it was tingling or what though at the moment... I'll have to ask when she wakes up). If that's what it was (tingling) I get that too from TN.

She only mentioned the pain in the two spots collarbone last night, then when I had her touch the other spots (where fb is supposed to be found), she said that almost all hurt her. I don't know though, as I don't really know if she is just feeling achy all over, or if those spots are worse. I never really considered fb before, and have no experience with it, so we just did a quick check before she went to bed. She hasn't been up since.

I have a call into her doc at the moment, and I'll see if he feels I should take her back into the hospital, or ?

The funny part is that she seems to be ok sometimes. If I ask if she is still numb or her skin is hurting, it always is. But, she doesn't seem so sick, lathargic, spaced out, etc. at some times during the day. In fact, if I didn't ask, I'd never know . . . then WHAM she's down again. That is not the way things go with me and the MS either ...

There is no one place (except upper body as a whole) that seems to be bugging her, so I don't think it is TOS or TMJ or anything like that. It's like a "body sickness" that comes and goes.

I gave her complete privacy with the pediatrician neurologist, and she is not doing any drugs/drinking, sexual activity or anything like that. They tested everything ...

Oh, and one other thing. She feels very sick EVERY time she eats. Her tummy is sore a lot of the time too, but I know she gets an upset tummy when she is upset too. That could just be from feeling so sad about being so sick ...

Cherie