View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Thankyou for your reply, Curious. What a dreadful tragedy in your family. I'm so sorry. I just don't understand why people would lie like that. It's worse than not talking about it at all. In a way I feel that's where this whole business is leading.

The ex told me the person phoning said something about losing contact with me when my father took me away after my mother died. Well, that isn't what happened at all. My father didn't take me away, his relatives did. My father had been POW in WWII, first in Changhi prison and then on Burma railway for the whole of the war. He survived unlike many others, came home, fell in love, married, started getting his life back together, had me, then his wife died. My father was not able to care for me and I rarely saw him until he also died when I was a teenager.

So, already they have their facts wrong and why they're discussing this with my ex-husband I just don't know. It's not his business and I sure told him that when he called and told me that he'd received another phone call with people looking to contact me, and really it's not their business to be doing so. It's just gone and jumbled up my head a bit and I wish these two people had never made any contact at all. Maybe would be different if the contact had been made when I was little, but now???

It's not like I've lived my whole life with all this in some compartment box in my head and not thought about it. I spent about 30 years of my life somewhat consumed by it and working through it all. I got to a place of acceptance where everything was sorted out and more comfortable and then this. I just wondered if I was wrong about all this. I mean, we only live this one life knowing the people we do, but these people are strangers and they don't know me or anything about me and I don't really want them to ...
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote