View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks again, Mrs D.

They are pretty sure it's not a virus because she is not having any fever. I know she had a bunch of blood tests ordered, but I'm not sure what they were as yet.

(My other daughter was just tested for mono, and she has the signs. She didn't have it ...)

Pressure points are no longer diagnostic ....?? That's interesting. Do you know any more about that, i.e. why?

I took her to the doc this aft, and he put her on SERC, which is a drug that is available for vertigo in Canada (but not the US). He definitely sees it as vertigo (not dizziness). She also has nystagmus in her eyes (or eye, not sure).

He basically said the same thing again; other than treating the symptoms, nothing much can be done until the MRI is completed. He doesn't think anything will show up there either (neither do I, to be honest). He said he just knows "these things take time". Yep, I know.

He isn't think fb at this time.

I looked it up, and she had the last Hep B shot in Mar/08. I know she didn't feel well after that one, and had a big lump for several weeks, but that is still about 12 months ago (18 mo since her first Heb B). I guess it could be that, and the docs did ask . . . but blew past that thought when I told them how long it's been. I'll do some research on that though ...

Cherie