View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 05:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default syntax

I am of course not eligible for this trial as I live in the UK. I was however very interested (in the context of a point raised recently in another discussion) in the following:

A chronic, slowly progressive disease of the nervous system characterized by the combination of tremor, rigidity, bradykinesia and stooped posture, among other symptoms. and Severe Motor-Fluctuations

The grammar/syntax here seems to me to be faulty - I cut and pasted it so it was accurately copied - so I followed up Peg's links to the trials and was not reassured. As far as I know severe motor fluctuations are not symptoms of PD but of long term levodopa usage. While the more detailed trial text does define this well I do have concerns that dyskinesias are now sometimes represented as a 'symptom' of PD. This may be splitting hairs for people who are NOT pwps, but........

Sorry I do not mean to hijack your thread Peg, especially as this does look to be a promising treatment for many people especially those whose levodopa options are getting thin.........

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote