View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

It sounds like you and your neruo are doing things right. I'm so glad you have Hawaii to look forward to. Maui is my favorite place on earth. Where are you going?

I was diagnosed with MS in the early 1990's, mine started out with numbness on the right-hand side of my body from my head to my toes. It took about two years and lots of tests and questions and disbeliefs until I got a diagnosis.

I had a mild case for a long time, until about six years ago when my arms got very weak and my hands became uncoordinated. I was a medical transcriptionist, working in a field I loved and at a great medical center. I had to quit, and eventually got on disability.

About three years ago, my legs got very weak and I began falling a lot. That's when I had to start using a rollator.

A few months ago I developed whole-body tremors, and twice I had ON. My neuro has been hinting at SPMS for awhile, and I believe that is what it's gone into because nothing gets better on its own or goes away anymore.

I'm on Baclofen for spasms, Klonopin for tremors, Betaseron for 2 1/2 years, and Neuronton. I had IVSM in Dec after the last ON episode and it cleared up my pain and blurriness.

I have learned that you do what you gotta do to get by. This forum has been amazing to me. I get more answers and help here than from any of my doctors. Then, I take the information to my docs.

You've got to just keep fighting this disease. Every time it knocks you down, get back up as best you can and keep going.

azoyizes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote