View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 03:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks all,

Mike that really sucks! I'm sorry to hear you have to sleep alone and with such a noisy machine like that.

My issue with restless sleepless nights is not related to sleep apnea althought the connection to inflammation is a very interesting consideration. I rarely snore, or so I'm told. Generally I do sleep well with the medication it's just that I want to get off the meds. I'm trying to detox my body and get cleaned up. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that completely but I want to give it a shot. I think it is mainly the RSD as I have never been able to sleep with out the help of medicine since I was diagnosed. Without meds I just can't get that much needed REM sleep that gives one the feeling of being well rested. It could also be caused by perimenopause, my hormones are definitely bouncing around on me right now.

A few weeks back I started to take 3 mg of melatonin daily but it doesn't seem to help, I tried to tapper down the oxazapam and boy was I sorry. I ended up taking the other half at 3:00 am which made me groggy and grumpy the next morning. I don't want to increase the melatonin until I have all my hormones checked. Does anyone else here take melatonin with any success?

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote