View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
Barb, I don't think the IVSM is pulse...just a regular ole IV.
Maryann, it took you so long to get dxd, even with all those sxs. It sucketh...did your ON last long? I keep getting different eye sxs, but they don't usually last more than 10-15 minutes.
I worry so much about what all of these meds are doing to my vital organs. And I just feel like I don't have the answers from the neuro/NP that I need to understand what is really going on here.
Thanks for all the info.
Oh, by the way, we go to Maui for a week and Kauai for a week. At first I liked Kauai more, but Maui's really starting to grow on me
First and most important--we want to see pictures of your Hawaiian vacation!

Yes, I also worry about what the meds are doing. My neuro does bloodwork every three months, and my PCP does blookwork once a year, but I still worry.

I'm probably going to stop Betaseron in August, but that's another story.

With the second bout of ON, I had 48 straight hours of intense pain. It then tapered off to of-and-on until I had the steroids, now I get it only rarely. My left eye remained blurry until about a week after the steroids, now it's off and on. I keep thinking that losing my eyesight would be the worse thing that could happen with this disease.

Ultimately, it's your decision about what you want to do as far as treatment goes. You have to balance side effects with how much the meds are helping you.

Stretching exercises instead of Baclofen has been a topic. And, I know that exercises are a whole lot better than pills. However Baclofen has taken away my muscle spasms so for now I'm sticking with it, although I also do stretching exercises and Yoga.

Thank goodness for this forum, because there are people here who've been through just about everything that MS can through at you. I've learned a lot here, and feel that the more informed I am, the better I can discuss my problems and options with my doctors. That's what I was trying to say when I made the comment about you and your neuro doing things right. It sounds like you're doing the same thing, staying informed.

azoyizes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-25-2009), ewizabeth (02-26-2009), weegot5kiz (02-27-2009)