View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 05:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ok, update

Since I have been told I start threads and don't update them, here is all we know now.

The trip was canceled last minute. Friday morning the hospital discharged Bob and dad went to where they keep the motor home. He said "lets hit the road" and Bob said "we are delaying the trip a little while, I spent money on an AZ fishing license and want to go out on the lake one last time" we can drive out when we get back. so he and dad did.

About 2 hours later Bob started having terrible pains in his back. Dad rushed him back to the hospital and they discovered his kidneys were not functioning.

They kept him, he declined dialysis and he would only be discharged this time to hospice. so Monday they discharged him to his motor home (his kidneys are working at 4%. Bob's daughter and son flew in Monday with their kid's and they are all out by the Motor home, the kids and grandkids are in a close by motel. Dad stopped by there yesterday and they were all outside enjoying our 85 degree weather and chatting. Bob sleeps about 22 hours a day but is not in any pain except a small pain in his back.

It's all a waiting game now.

Thanks for your prayers.
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (02-25-2009), Lara (03-19-2009), Twinkletoes (02-27-2009)