View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 05:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I must say, I think this is a fabulous perspective! I agree with everything on your list and could probably add a few of my own. I think that having RSD has made me more aware of other people and more sensitive specifically to people with disabilities. I also believe that I have been given a mission that automatically came with my diagnosis to help raise awareness of this disease.

Pain has become a part of my daily life. It has altered who I am and what I am capable of doing physically, but only negatively so if I allow myself the indulgence of self-pity. I used to be a perfectionist and have had to let go of that.

I may not clean or cook or look exactly the same as before, but I can still love and feel and empathize. I'm finding NEW traits about myself to love that are far deeper and more significant than what I had before. And, to your first point, God's Grace is always sufficient for me. Never before have I been more aware of that since RSD!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
angelrsd (02-25-2009), DianaA (02-25-2009), Dubious (02-27-2009), loretta (02-26-2009)