View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 07:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by langansmom View Post
Could it be a lower seizure threshold at night or something?
I did mean to write about the timing. This is my take on it - the lower seizure threshold at night. Jen, you probably don't know, but Tom started with simple partial seizures. Dairy caused them to generalize - in his case he "switched" from simple partials to myoclonics. We removed dairy, and his seizures are back to simple partials (and we're not having that many of them, versus the daily myoclonics until the meds were doing their stuff). Anyway, traditionally, myoclonics are bad during either the dropping off to sleep stage and / or the waking up stage. I remember reading you should remain in bed after awaking for 1/2 hour or so to avoid them - gradual wakening. Of course, Tom didn't believe in that. (And, in the beginning, we noticed the jerks when Trileptal <which does NOT treat myoclonics> peaked for the morning dose.) Anyway, myoclonics are associated with sleep transitions, among other things.

And going along with all this, if he normally has nocturnal seizures, I would think that fits in with the tremors. Anyway, just my opinion.
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote