View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 06:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome !......re: Occipital Neuralgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieke Taz View Post
Hi! A newcomer to this message board! I have been diagnosed with occipital neuralgia, and it is located pretty much in one spot. Am interested in meeting others who have found some answers. It can be quite painful, at times.

Mieke Taz

Hi Mieke,

Welcome !

I suffer from ON for 10 years now. My own experience is different from many. My ON was caused by Neurosurgery 10 years ago where the Surgeon at the time cut my Greater Occipital Nerve. The Nerve died. Resulting from ON. I have tried all RX single and in cocktail. NOTHING WORKS !...I even tried Occipital Brain Stimulator. This did not work either because the Greater Occipital Nerve is dead. Best formula for me is rest, no light, no noise and taking Hydromorph with Tramacet at a breakthru. Everyone has their own experience and own remedies. What works for one patient doesn't work for the other. RX and other therapies like Massage Therapy, Heat or Cold at the base of the neck, forehead, are some things that work and could possibly provide you with more relief. If you are not getting ahead with your current Dr., go onto the next until you find the one that understands your illness and condition. Their are lots and lots of Pain Doctors out there, but there are only a handfull that really know their stuff. Good Luck and all the best. Wishing you a pain free day. Check out pubmed for more info that comes along in the research of medicine and treatment of this condition. Take care.....Lorne
hotrunner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote