View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile A year ago today......

A year ago today, I was unable to get out of bed. A year ago today, I was unable to eat. My diet @ that time was 1or ensure (if I was lucky)! A year ago I was unable to breathe normally. I was unable to see - my eyes were literally rolling around in my head. I was unable to carry a gallon of milk. I wasn't able to do anything!

Now I am typing this after working all day, cooking dinner and taking care of my fellas.

My, how a year changes things!

Don't get me wrong - it has been a year of ups and downs, but overall I am just so thankful that I was finally properly diagnosed and given the right meds to treat MG.

The REASON I am writing this is to let others know that MG can be controlled. It is an awful disease, but @ least now it isn't a death sentence!

It does get better! For those of you that are new to the forum, welcome! This is the BEST site ever! There are so many wonderful, caring people who are always willing to lend a sympathetic ear..........it has been amazing!

I am going in for my new monthly "routine" - IV IG for 5 days and after that my neuro is going to reduce my roids to 50 or 55. I am sooooooo excited! I cannot wait!

I used to be so scared of needles, and I still do not like them, but am not a total wreck like I used to be.

IT DOES GET BETTER!

MG waxes and wanes. There are days when I can't get much done and then there are others when I feel AMAZING!

I never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever get sick. I wish I had never, ever heard of MG, but I AM thankful for the fact that MG has brought a new appreciation in my life for others. I never go to bed without telling everyone I love that I love them. I wake up every morning and thank God for another morning and again @ night.

Sorry for running on, but Mike and I were discussing this tonight.........

Erin

"Thanks for this!" says:
MClive (01-03-2012)