View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 01:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default welcome

hi Robin,

Just make sure you are comfortable with whatever doctor you choose or go to and don't let any of them hurt you during the exams!! I have seen many many doctors to get to a vascular surgeon who didn't tell me it was in my head or I had to go and live in pain. (I'm in Canada)

Make sure you know the doctor and his/her track record and know that they have done the surgery lots of times as it is tricky and should NOT be done by just any doc. ....okay reading backwards see that you do!! That is a huge bonus!!!! Now in saying that, Arterial TOS is NOTHING TO MESS WITH. I'm sure you know this and likely have been told this. It could be a MAJOR issue very quickly at any time. I only say this having had a 90% occlusion in my subclavian artery and vein and having my 1st rib removed along with a scalene and I am blessed with bilateral cervical ribs.

It is your comfort and your body so if you are SURE then you are SURE. Comfort and knowing a good surgeon are 2 of the most important things in a tos surgery consideration.....the other in my mind is urgency. Only you can do the next thing necessary........

Welcome to our community glad to have you!! I am sure you have some advice to give us too!!

love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote