View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 05:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

While this might sound great-be careful. Michael Moore is also known for filming what he wants to film and not generally being fair. People fly here for treatments because most socialized medicine countries have ridiculous wait lists for care and surgery. They can actually say you have to wait weeks to months for interventions such as cardiac surgery that are done here right away. Why? The doctors are paid for providing care. When doctors are paid flat rates, they limit the number of procedures they are willing to do in a day.
I personally know of no government run agency that I would call efficient. I can't say that socializing medical care would be more effective. You may find that people who actually live in these countries aren't as thrilled as you think they are. Remember that even if the benefits sound great, you know someone has to pay the bill eventually You could obtain any of these services if you wanted them, but would have to pay for them. Socialized medicine is the same-you will pay in one way or another for services.
llrn7470 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote