View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I also have sleeping problems. I am off all of my medications now because they weren't doing a thing for me and I feel that they were making me worse and the side-effects often outweighed the benefits. It was an hard decision to make and I went through a LOT of nasty withdrawal symptoms but I DO feel better now that I am off them - I still have LOTS of pain and fatigue but I don't have to deal with some of the other side-effects that meds throw at you!!!

I have tried almost everything to help me sleep and nothing has worked really. My sleeping is a little better than it was now but it takes a lot for me to get to sleep - it seems as though I either can't sleep at all or I am sleeping too much and there is no middle ground!!!!! When I was first diagnosed with RSD, my PM Doctor put me on Amitriptyline to try and help me sleep and it didn't help me at all. I had a nasty side effect from the Amitriptyline and that was the drug that caused my RSD to spread to my right arm.

I have tried lots of meds for sleeping but I think Phenagon was probably the only one that helped me a little. It is a natural sleeping med that you can get over the counter and it made me drift off to sleep a bit although it would take about 5 hours at least for me to fall asleep!!!!

My grandads wife also suggested that on a night, I take a hot bath and listen to some music and have a lavender tea to drink and read a book as that can help. I tried it and it didn't really help for me but maybe it would work for some of you?? I don't think my grandad and his wife really know how bad the pain is and the fact that I can't get in the bath that much because of pain but it was nice of them to try and help!!

I really hope you all find something that will help you soon as I know how frustrating it is not being able to sleep!! You're all in my thoughts!!!!
Mslday (02-26-2009)