View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 08:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Jo*mar;470997]I found a site awhile back that had a couple different ones.
Haven't found it yet but here are some. ( sorry not allowed to post links yet so I had to delete them from the quote )
Wow ... thanks so much for the posted links. I have huge issues with having to describe pain in the standard methods currently used by clinics and hospitals ... because of my history and never really learning how to be able to identify pain ( was never taken to a doctor as a child, never learned the language ) or emotions. As a behavioural consultant and specializing in an area where communication problems was prevalent ... I started adapting some of the tools and techniques we used for non-verbal individuals for my own use. Picture communication cards really help ... some of the pain scales that are highlighted in those links gave me some great ideas for adapting the current card I carry with me for the purpose of being able to express to medical professionals they type and magnitude of the pain I experience ( many medical issues for me on top of mental health ones ). I'll be redesigning the card I carry to use some of the information I found in those links you posted.

Thanks again!!! Your sharing of information has really helped me out.

Take care, be safe and well: Kefrin

kefrin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (02-26-2009)