View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Good thread,

I too have learned a lot from having the RSD.

I always tried to keep my home spotless, now I keep it liveable. I was a perfectionist about everything, my home, the way I dressed. Now I am more down to earth and relaxed.

I know we say a lot of times we lost a lot of friends when this came on but I think what happens we just trade some that don't know how to help or deal with us for people who do. My daughter came around for me, it took her awhile. My husband did my shopping, now I do it or Susan does. My Son-in-law is great about helping me. We have to be thankful to the people who stepped up to the plate for us. I was just telling my PCP yesterday that I put him in the catagory of Sainthood. Some of us get lucky and find Drs. that stand by us through this.

it does make you see that other people are worse off. I'm always asking about how people are doing that are sick with MS and other things wrong with them. You see they are worse off then we are also in a lot of ways.

I think we do turn to God more. We ask him to help us through what we are going through. At times I felt like he was walking beside me through this. Although he could have picked me up and carried me at times. LOL But he did good. I am always thanking him for what he's done for me and others.

You do learn to appreciate everything around you and everyone.

I know there are some of you that aren't this far yet but I hope someday you will be. You will be able to see the benifits of the RSD and what it's done for you and not too you.

Having this group has been a great benifit also. Everyone here helps each other and makes friends along the way.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote