View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I agree, no socialized medicine, but I do think

we are headed that way.

Our meds are priced to high. Some are out of reach for patients who need them and I hear of so many people who can't even find PCP's around here. The PCP's seem to be getting less and less.

I feel they should have to take any insurance you have and if you have to pay a little different then so be it. They paperwork seems to make Drs. turn away from certain insurances such as Medicaid.

Carrie, I don't remember what state you are in but Co. has some of the best Medicaid programs I have seen. Ky. sucks big big time for helping people. The hospitals can turn you away down there.

Here they go by your income. When I first got sick, I paid 10. for the ER and 10 for the surgeries. It was the Drs. that you had to pay and deal with. When I needed surgeries though, a lot came forward and did them free or at a minimal price.

When I finally got on SSI and Medicaid it paid for everything. Meds and all. Co. also has a home care program. I have a caregiver to help me out. They helped pay for my new furnace. We have free food programs and so much more here. I do notice most states don't have as much.

Now I am on Medicare and they don't pay for my meds so I had to find a secondary insurance to help pay for them but Co. helps me pay them.

I am afraid that things are going to get worse with this economy like it it. From what I am hearing with the Stimulus packet, no doubt. As I told you, I do know that they are going to be able to pick and choose what treatments we get for illnesses.

Unfortunately health care is now becoming owned by the Gov. such as everything else so we can't seem to talk about it without crossing over into politics.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote