View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default dear barbara

dear barbara,

you have got some good suggestions for the interim...

i probably don't need to say this, but i recall the discussion about mental health being the number 1 priority. it seems like this living situation however is EXTREMELY damaging to your mental health, as well as - and indeed because OF - real threats that are being continuously posed to you, and the harrassment you and any of your visitors (eg church friend on parking) receive. so my hope is that you will make getting out a priority.

as far as approaching showing how you can afford something, various documents can help... as applicable (not asking questions here)
official bank statement showing current balanace
official bank letter stating average balance over period of a year
official bank letter stating average monthly debit, over period of a year.
legal document stating award of testament and worth of estate involved.
stock/holdings account statement & dividends report.

however, the best thing to do wrt any apartment you are looking at renting, is to ask them directly how best to document your economic status. most commonly they want a copy of a paycheck since most commonly that is how the rent is paid. your case is different; you have the economic means to handle the rent but it is unrelated to a paycheck. In this case, i would directly asking the leasing manager at each place you want to rent, how best to document your economic status. each place may vary that is why i suggest you ask at each. to approach this, you start out simply stating the rent is affordable for you, why it is affordable to you, and then ask documentaion they would consider satisfactory as proof of what you just said.

i feel for you. i would not want to stay where you are living one minute longer. i don't guess there is anyone you can stay with... but also i sense you would not want to do that. you have become very independent and that is really worth something.

just don't let anyone tell you you're paranoid. being vigilant in your situation is what you need to do. i like the flour idea, heheh. makes me think of lieutenant colombo... love those old shows.

take care, Barbara. hang in there, but make finding a new place and moving into it #1 priority for the sake of mental health and physical safety.

i also hope you are able to reschedule for an appointment soon with your NP. make sure she knows you couldn't go because you were feeling too bad to make it. hopefully she will understand.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-26-2009), Dmom3005 (02-26-2009), Jomar (02-26-2009)