View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karousel View Post
McDonald's now refuses to pay his medical expenses saying Nigel's actions were not within the scope of his employment. The individual owner of the McDonald's where Nigel was working said if McDonald's corporation and the insurance company won't pay the bills, he will pay them himself. He feels McDonald's is responsible for the safety of its customers. Nigel did say that if he had a chance to do it all over again, knowing the outcome, he would do it again because it was the right thing to do.

I just can't help but wonder why McDonald's won't pay for these medical bills. IMO, this guy is commendable for sticking his neck out to help a complete stranger.
I believe that most retail establishments assume the responsibility of the safety of their customers.....but the customer also assumes some responsibility by going into an establishment where the public is allowed. Anytime you go out in public you're putting yourself at some risk. If something happens to a customer inside of an establishment and it's clearly due to negligence of the business then of course they should pay (and most always do). If something happens due to no fault of the establishment then I believe it's just part of the risk we all take when we venture out in public.

The employee absolutely had the right idea by trying to protect the customer.....but at some point everyone has to take responsibility for their actions and the consequences of them.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
karousel (02-26-2009)