View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

The type of sugar is important.

Sucrose typically does not affect LOAD as fast as glucose does.

Then there is the MERCURY in high fructose corn syrup...a very nasty sugar. Mercury is not of course not good for your PN.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...012601831.html

I find that chocolate is the only candy that does not affect my
issues.
I have been fructose free for 9 months now. And I don't eat potatoes as a rule. I reintroduce a potato every month as a test and so far I react to them every time!

I use brown rice pasta (Tinkyada) and this is far better than
wheat pasta for sugar response.
I am now experimenting with buckwheat, as buckwheat has d-chiro inositol in it and that benefits glucose control.

I tend to use vegetables mostly for dinner. I have 2 slices of Oatnut bread /day max (some days none).

I eat nuts mostly for snacks. The new Cocoa coated almonds are really good, no sugar and tasty:
http://www.samsclubmemberservices.co...onds_5268.aspx

These are just excellent for magnesium source, low carb, and satisfies chocolate cravings without the sugar.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (02-26-2009), Leslie (02-26-2009), Vowel Lady (03-03-2009)