View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 01:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I don't know exactly... the neuroimmunological responses are affected by emotion. Inflammatory cytokines (PGE2 prostaglandins) are released with stress. Low levels of Omega-3 intake make this worse. Some people have very high PGE2 levels because they are eating far too many bad fats and high omega-6 oils from fried food etc.

If I get frightened, or really PO'd my feet will buzz for a while.
This is not often, but I can tell how upset I am by my feet. It will go down my legs sometimes.
Thanks MrsD. One thing I just hate is when I am in a lot of pain, then of course I get really upset. I may even start to cry, this of course causes more pain. It's like a vicious cycle, pain, crying, more pain, more crying.

Then the other night I went to my brother's house with other family members. I was laughing and having a good time, almost forgetting about the neuopathy. I could not help but notice a lower pain level. Of course this is not always a given, but it sure is nice.

I need more times like this, as my neuropathy has spread even more. Since November, it now affects my entire body. I am being sent to pain managment for the first time. I just pray that I can find that right combo of drugs that can lessen the pain greatly and help to give a better quality of life...

Oh, and I am still reading Liza Jane's hopeful message in the stickys. Even the neurologist I am seeing now said that yes, there are people with neuropathy who have gotten better. Which brings me to another emotion, hope. This is just so important to have....
Hope15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote