Thread: A New Beginning
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 03:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Hey Annie!

Hey there! I had no idea that chocolate and caffeine were so good for me! I'm done with sodas, but living in the south LIVE off of sweet tea and eat chocolate daily - lol!

I know how tired you are of testing. It is so monotonous and time consuming - the whole "hurry up and wait" thing really got to me as well!

I don't know how many docs I saw, but it was waaaaay too many and I just thought I was crazy.............

I just don't understand why people have to get so sick before getting properly diagnosed........MG is rare, but it's not that rare! We all have most of the same symptoms.......

Hang in there and let me know if there os anything I can do!

Can't wait to hear from you!
Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Thank you, Redtail & Erin. I think the hardest part now is not knowing what treatments I can have other than Mestinon. I've maxed that out.

I do have a cup of coffee every day, so that helps. In case you didn't know, caffeine is a cholinesterase inhibitor just like Mestinon is! I found that out last year after I quit having any chocolate and got weaker. It increases both dopamine and acetylcholine. That's one thing the docs don't tell you! And you shouldn't have caffeine (or nightshades because they do the same thing) before an EMG!

I'm just sick of doing testing, you know? Sick of doctoring in general. I can't believe that not one person, like eye doctors, could figure out that I had fatigable ptosis growing up. I guess that lazy eye they "diagnosed" when I was 10 was just ptosis. It's so obvious in my K-12 photos it isn't even funny.

Anyway, I appreciate the support. It's really hard to deal with MG (or CMS) on your own.

Annie