View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 06:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ali, Well I did use a newer version of netscape so who knows what happened to the original post. It just disappeared is all.

I wear only Chenille socks. Not the ones people wear for sock slippers. I am talking about socks made out of chenille. They are so soft & you can't feel the seam across the toes at all, I had to look really hard to see if there was one even there. You can't feel any threads at all & every other type of sock I tried I could feel each row of woven thread. Even after this many years, since fall '03, I still can't stand any other type of sock on my feet. Took me forever to be able to desensitize them enough to put anything on them but I did. A GF from the old neruro talk forum told me about them & her daughter doesn't live that far from me bought me my first pair. You can get them at Kohls late fall to early winter. It is the only place wear I have ever found them except once at WalMart in the spring & they were short, like what one would wear in the summer with tennies. I am due to buy new ones this fall & just hope the ones I have make it thru the rest of winter. *LOL*

I also use soft leg warmers on my ankles over my socks in the winter to keep them extra warm. I buy them online as I can't find them anywhere else. The place I get them is really good about exchanging them if the come apart after a couple of washings. I had that happen last fall with one pair. I have been known to also wear them in the summer even in 100 dg weather as now I have a hard time keeping my ankles from getting cold.
This web site also sells arm warmers & several of their leg warmers can be used as arm warmers also. I don't know if I can post the web site here but if you go to google & type in leg warmers a site will pop up in the list titled "Sock Dreams - Leg Warmers" & that is where I buy mine thru. For the most part they are not really expensive. I have one pair that I have had since hmmmmmmmm '05 or '06 & I just love them the most.

The slippers I like the best I get from Carol Wright. I buy mens leather lined slippers (they look like moccasins). The lining looks like sheepskin, but isn't, but they are very soft on my feet. I wear them year round. And they are cheap. $5.99 for one pair & any you buy after are $4.99 as long as it is all in the same size & the same order. My hubby doesn't have RSD but he does have diabetes & he loves these slippers too So we always order several pair at a time & luckily for us we wear the same size now, he has small feet for a guy, & I had large feet for a woman even before RSD hit them. The toes because of the plush lining are always a bit sng at first so I stuff them with dry washcloths to mush down the lining. *LOL* They do have the same type of slipper for women too but they are not wide enough for me.

Other than that I don't have a problem with clothing. Like I said, I did alot of desensitization before I could stand to put much of anything on my feet. I had to have something hold the sheets up off my feet & toes when RSD first hit bercause I could not stand to have anything touch them at all.

DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (12-27-2015), DejaVu (09-09-2015), mcfly (10-03-2012), MominPainRSD (02-26-2009)