View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 07:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

its about 6 months in for me. i started LDN back in september of 08 and im derned glad i did. i dont think i felt this good before i was on the LDN . i just had my most recent MRI back on 12/30/08 and a visit to my neuro on the 23rd of this month. no progress since my MRI of 08/26/08. no changes at all really. plus when being evaluated for edss in august i was marked at 4.5 to 5.
in october it was changed to less than 1. monday i was evaluated again and the one thing that messed me up back in october wasnt a problem for me this time...... that heal to toe walk thing......i did better than my wife.
my neuro is still kinda hot to get me on imuran but im thinking not. even if it was only one person in the studies who developed lymphoma, thats not a potential side effect im ready to deal with. rare though it may be ive already won the MS jackpot. some 400k people in america....5mill +/- worldwide out of a population of 6 billion +/-......not good enough odds for my tastes.ill stick with the LDN a while longer. one thing i have been looking for though, has anyone compiled any statistical data of people on LDN?statistics like how long theyve been on it and if theyve progressed at all.

one thing i liked about the anecdotal claims Vs clinical evidence is that in clinical trials the results are usually interpreted by someone conected to the people paying for the study. by someone who has something to lose.and only include maybe 500 or so people chosen by those same check writters.
anecdotal claims are from people with nothing to gain or lose and are from real life experiences.

my next medical trip is going to be to the dentist/oral surgeon. thanks to me someones kid wont have to settle for state school next year. i was to a dentist today and had a full seriese of dental xrays done.... ive got one raging abcess(threatening my sinuses),4impacted wisdom teeth, 2 teeth broken off at the gums and atleast 2 more needing root canals.the wisdom teeth are moving forward and putting stress on the teeth in front of them,those teeth are getting shoved forward and putting stress on the ones in front of them,and so on and so on and theyre starting to crack. not a good thing all around.
the suckiest part is i have to do two weeks of antibiotics for the abcess before they can touch the teeth that need to come out. god i hate dentists

Some days are all fleas and no kibble
FluteMaker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
clark49 (03-11-2009), SallyC (02-26-2009)