View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 10:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess18 View Post
Hi my name is Jess and I live in charlotte, NC. This summer has been hell.
I started out with a ruptured cyst, which aggravated my GI issues and had an inflamed and spastic colon, but the worst part is a constant burning pain I am having in the vaginal/pelvic area. I have been put on 600mg of Nuerontin by my nuerologist, and I also take Lexapro, only 5 mg.
Can this low dosage help with burning pain? Would I be better off asking to tirate the Nuerontin faster? Initially it was my GI doc that put me on Lexapro to help with IBs and the brain gut connection, so I am wondering if I would be better to go with Elavil for nerve pain. I hate this constant burning, and I can't sit down without pain. I have had to take off work for months as I am a guitar and piano teacher and i have to sit.
I know some patience is needed, but my Nuero wants me to take 600mgs for 4 weeks without titrating, I think I need to be increased a bit faster.
Thoughts?

thank you .
I have had PNE for almost 4 years. I contacted a dr in France who referred e to MN. The clinic is MAPS in Mnneapolis. The dr name is Antolak I think is the spelling. I had my first injection a month ago and had over half a month of pain relief. I had my second one today and am expecting good results. I will have the 3rd on in April. Believe me this has been my answer. Phone number for the clinic is 1=763-537=6000. This is best I have felt in years. MY hubby says I am like a new person. Good luck. Sandi

Last edited by Jomar; 02-27-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Sandi60 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote