View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 08:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default update

Hi everyone.

Well I've been through some more testing, and I'm no futher ahead with a dx.

Seen the immunoligist/allergist, and he did tests for food allergies, although I told him that I don't get hives or breathing problems with these foods, he didn't get it. He didn't understand that some foods can cause neuro problems. I was wishing that he was up on this knowledge, unfortunatly we were on different pages.

I was able to get the MRI of my spine done last week, then off to the dumb neuro. Well nothing, other then I have ostioarthritis of my spine that is normal for a person of my age...........................hmmmmmm I'm 47. Apparently if you take 10 people off the street and MRI there spine it would look like mine. I have heard those exact words about 5 times from 5 different neuros, must be the first thing they memorize.

So the neuro has sent his recomendation that I see a neuro/psychiatrist, because he can't help me. As far as he can tell there is something neurological happening with me, but he has no idea what, or care to look for himself, easier to send me to someone else.

Anyhow, thats it. No treatment plan, no help on how to stop these crashes, and really fed up with the whole BS. I did go to the gp I'm seeing and asked just to see a psychiatrist, forget the neuro part, as far as I'm concerned the whole lot wasted there money going to school. all they can remember is the first part,.........if ya take 5 people off the street...........................

So, this is as all that I can do, there is no more testing for me, I have come to the end of testing for anything. I'm just a mystery and I have to learn to live with this. Which is really a hard pill to swallow, I have sorta learned to live my life slowly, but as for the future, I guess I get to be the old lady before I'm even old. IT SUCKS.............. Patricia

P.S. I've asked this before, hopefully someone can answer it. But has anyone thought that mestinon makes them depressed or grumpy or alter there mood in any way. My gp said that this is true, but I really don't think he knew, I think that that he doesn't want me to take the stuff. I would like to take it, but find that it really screws with my thinking. Thanks, Patricia

Last edited by turner; 12-07-2006 at 08:38 PM.
turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote