View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 09:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Four years CRPS anniversary was on Monday

The first three years were the hardest. I think I'm learning to mentally manage it better. Trips to a good pain doc a year ago really helped, being more proactive about staying warm this winter really seemed to help (fleece is my new friend), adding Cymbalta helped greatly with sleep, letting myself get needed rest & otherwise being less stubborn have really seemed to help, and focusing on having fun as a Cub Scout leader has been interesting.

My symptoms are probably worse now that they ever were, although the CRPS hasn't spread any more or worsened significantly during the last year. Settlement from the injury is done, and although not huge, it was enough to give me some satisfaction.

It's almost like the first three years were the acute phase of dealing with it, including getting the right diagnosis, finding the right meds & right docs, dealing with the lawsuit, and learning what works for me. Now, starting with last spring, I feel more like I'm in a long-term management phase, and have been able to coordinate management with living my life.

So, I'm optimistic and keeping my fingers crossed for the future!
Annie Poo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aj822 (05-20-2009), ali12 (05-20-2009), buckwheat (02-27-2009), CRPSbe (05-21-2009), Dew58 (05-20-2009), loretta (05-21-2009), Mslday (02-27-2009), Sandel (02-27-2009)