View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 09:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolek View Post
Hello Ruthie,

Many thanks for your sincere concern.
Let me write my question in a more simplified form: as giant fusiform aneurysms are rare and quite complicated cases in order Docs choose the appropriate, per case, treatment option, I would have been obliged to any member of this community who wishes to communicate any knowledge about my case as it is described in my first message (i.e. a giant unruptured fusiform aneurysm in MCA is treated mainly with balloon occlusion only or usually together with EC-IC bypass?)
Thank you
George
Kali mera, George.
The short answer is; I don't know!
My situation is similar, but not identical, to yours. My aneurysm was, when last measured, just 2mm too small to be classed as "giant". It's not fusiform either but is on the right carotid artery, very close to where several other vessels branch off it.

Proposed treatment, after consultation with neurosurgeon & consultant neuroradiologist (both well-respected in their fields):
Neuroradiologist to try to occlude the aneurysm by coiling, with a stent across the wide neck of the aneurysm, after doing a balloon occlusion test to make sure that not too much damage will occur.

If this fails, craniotomy with clipping and bypass.

I do not know if this will help at all, but hope it does. You have a lot to worry you, I think!
I'll PM you with the names of my neurosurgeon & neuroradiologist do you can check up on them
καλές υγείες,
Beth1957 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote