View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 01:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Anyone need help with Brain Fog?

Hi Everyone.
I wanted to let you all know about a supplement I discovered that really helps clear up brain fog. It's Acetyl L-Carnitine (mine has Alpha Lipoic Acid in the formula as well). For me, it worked really fast (1 hr or so) when I was in a fog recently, but I noticed it helps me even when I'm not really foggy. I recommended it to my mom and aunt, and my aunt picked some up for my cousin who just generally has probems with not thinking clearly. This cousin called my aunt about 3 hrs. after taking it, and was really impressed with the result. She must of been - she's not the type to report back on things like that. Anyway, this is an amino acid I believe, and can be obtained at any health food store. Just make sure you get the "Acetyl" - not just L-Carnintine because the Acetyl crosses the blood brain barrier. It's an element that we make ourselves normally, but they have discovered it helps the brain rebuild synapse functions. They are using it with some success apparently in Alzheimer and Traumatic Brain Injury patients apparently.
Be sure to check with a doctor or pharmacist to make sure there's no contraindication with your medications - and please let me know what you think!
Good Luck -with this and everything!